• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Terry's Laser Trick - Knock Off

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Terry posted a video back in January, where he used a laser level tool, to mark an accurate hole in the cowl... for access to the carb adjustments.

http://giantscalenews.com/threads/viper-120cc-arf-is-here.4286/page-13#post-94917

Well... I don't have one of those cool laser level tools... so... I made the poor mans laser marking tool thing...

Probably don't have $5.00 in this. You can buy these little laser modules on ebay for next to nothing. A switch, 5V regulator and a battery... done !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-650nm...020440?hash=item25aab8b058:g:upoAAOSw9N1VuKm1

And, just to finish it off in full Terry fashion... I glued the laser module in place with goop... !! :)

Not going to be very useful for much else, but it will work for marking spots on the cowl !!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Very cool! I actually thought of that idea some time ago but kept forgetting about it. Couple times I've used it works really well!

If your laser has a frequency adjustment you could lower the frequency and it would not burn as bad.

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Very cool! I actually thought of that idea some time ago but kept forgetting about it. Couple times I've used it works really well!

If your laser has a frequency adjustment you could lower the frequency and it would not burn as bad.

Thanks Terry... I'll play with it... but, I think my laser cartridge is simple old, and I'm having to run things too hot and slow... Need to replace it, but they are not cheap.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
This is very cool, definitely could have used this to cut holes in my cowl for sure!!