• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Taranis Discussion Thread

I purchased the X10S about a year ago. I had been using 2 Hitec Aurora 9's previously and have been replacing all of my Hitec receivers with the RX8R Pro receivers. So far everything has been very reliable. The radio is very high quality and I am utilizing the standard FROS operating system, not Open TX. Even after a year I am still learning about the capabilities of this system.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
@BalsaDust

In the OpenTX firmware, what is the correct entry for the Throttle Source on the Model Setup page? Is it the throttle stick or the throttle channel or something else?

I've got "Trim Idle Only" selected but I'm not getting any trim response on the low end.

Thanks!
Bart

BalsaDust

@BalsaDust

In the OpenTX firmware, what is the correct entry for the Throttle Source on the Model Setup page? Is it the throttle stick or the throttle channel or something else?

I've got "Trim Idle Only" selected but I'm not getting any trim response on the low end.

Thanks!
Bart

Can’t remember off the top of my head but will be bear more computer shortly to start working on my calculus homework so I will open the companion up and post a screen shot.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Can’t remember off the top of my head but will be bear more computer shortly to start working on my calculus homework so I will open the companion up and post a screen shot.
calculus!?!?! you had to ruin a perfectly good conversation by using the c word? had 5 semesters in college, can't even help my daughter do her calc homework!
i looked into it, it's for the timer trigger for some reason. the low end trim box is an issue, been reading into it to see how to make it work like other radios....right now if I reverse the throttle it'll only trim the high end.....not exactly useful!
thanks for the reply though. :)

BalsaDust

here is a screen shot of one of my radios. I see your second post and not following exactly what your trying to do but willing to help any way I can.

Yes Calculus sucks. I have completed precal 1 and 2 and now in calc 1 and lucky for me the degree I'm working towards does not require past that which makes me very happy. Now on to trying to find the first and second derivatives of inverse logarithmic functions. :(

Capture.PNG

pawnshopmike

Staff member
You guys are making my head hurt. Glad I only needed two math credits to graduate high school. Passed pre-algebra with a C my freshman year. Then I passed algebra 1 with a D my sophomore year. But I can count money all day so I’m good. :D

BalsaDust

You guys are making my head hurt. Glad I only needed two math credits to graduate high school. Passed pre-algebra with a C my freshman year. Then I passed algebra 1 with a D my sophomore year. But I can count money all day so I’m good. :D

Lol I get ya there. I’ve barely scraped by with C’s in these classes and they are pointless for what I do for a living. Algebra on the other hand I use a good bit in the electrical field.