• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Talon 90

wedoitall

I bought a used never flown talon 90. whats the total length of battery and esc wires I can have? I thought I read somewhere on Castle products you could have up to 18"

wedoitall

HA, to answer my own question. just got off the phone with Castle. they said total length is no more than 18" and that's using the same size and quality of wire as whats on the esc. They said the 18" is the total of the wire from the motor to the Esc and from the Esc to the battery.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Speaking of Talon 90 ESCs, how is everyone doing with them? Anyone got any feedback or experiences to share?
Seems like the price is amazing for a 90a ESC w/ 9a continuous BEC on board... could probably handle a 7x" airplane's power needs all by itself.

-G

wedoitall

i love mine close to 45 flights so far. saw some where having troubles but only heli guys ive read about. think they were running Bugs and whatnot which your not supposed to do without a diode