• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tachometers - what do you use?

js-rc

70cc twin V2
I've been using the Fromeco tach also for several years now & I really like it !!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I was looking at the Fromeco tach, looks like I may have to get one, I'm seeing a lot of good reviews.

I've used a Fromeco Tach for several years and it's been very good. These days I have Jeti RPM Telemetry in most of my airplanes
so I use that.

Wayne

reyn3545

100cc
I have the Fromeco tach also, been working great for years. One of my planes uses the built-in tach capabilities in the transmitter/receiver. That's certainly the best option, but if you don't use the right receiver, it's not an option. I wish there was a simple solution that would plug into the ignition system and give you RPM data. 3W ignitions still have a tachometer connection on them, but no one sells the tachometer anymore.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I just use my Expensive Cat Infra red tach accurate to + or - 3 rpm 1 to 100,000 rpm works awesome

@reyn3545 RCEXL, makes an inexpensive on board tach that will work with ANY INGNITION, and easy to install. for what it is worth

Any ignition with a tachometer output. It won't work with the standard DA ignition. GP has also said not to use it with their new ignition.
So I guess ANY IGNITION means RCexl ;)

Wayne