• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Spektrum DX20 is here

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well fella's Spektrum has another TX out...The DX20 check it out HERE Way to rich for my blood right now. Hopefully but I doubt it...It will bring down the price on the DX18.

SPM20000_a0.jpg

Bipenut53

150cc
Wow, so Bush, I dont understand why you dont do the pre order. I mean for 1300.00 bucks, just pocket change lol. Nice looking transmitter although the antenna that is also a handle looks like it would break if it were to fall. I think I'll just stick with my DX-18. But for those who has to have the "Latest and greatest" it would be pretty cool.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION]
Umm yeah I don't think I'll be forking out that kind of cash. What I am looking at though is the upcoming Horus X12S and Im looking very very close. Check it out HERE.
Here is some more info to get you going... Pretty kick ass I think... :cool:

FEATURES
● Industrial high resolution screen (480*272), readable outdoor
● All CNC gimbal with 6 ball bearings, accuracy hall sensor and extensible by stick ends
● Inbuilt GPS module
● Inbuilt wireless trainer system
● Inbuilt 6-axis sensors (3-axis gyro and 3-axis accelerator)
● Two types of aluminum panels (matt or texture)
● 16 channels (up to 32 channels)
● Audio speech function
● Full telemetry and real-time data logging
● Antenna detection and SWR warning
● Receiver match
● Newly designed internal RF module IXJT with lower latency and higher stability
● Inbuilt antenna as default, external antenna could be added (for internal RF module)
● External module bay
● Safe power switch with integrated strap base
● Two types of trainer ports
● MP3 player
● Haptic feedback
● NiMH batteries with inbuilt charging circuit
● 6 position encoder for easier flight modes switch
● FrSky FrTX operation system installed as default, Open source firmware supported

1451981529.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bipenut53

150cc
Yeah I have heard good things about those. You know they all have people who knock every brand it is that you need to be happy with it, that's all that matters. I have been told "oh you need to get rid of that transmitter, its no good" but I'm happy with it lol

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Hey whats the deal with mixes anyway? I have never used them and no nothing about them. Can you explain the who, what and why of it please?
Has something to do with mixing things like Aileron and Elevator for when you move the control surfaces to do specific things or something like
that right? Or am I way off.

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] No you are pretty right on. I never used mixes either until I read this View attachment Mixing Tips.pdf It is a one and a half page article on mixing that I read here Now I use mixes on everything, even my foamies!
Now you say where did you find that? It is all here on this site that I have spent countless hours reading, and I still do, and it is in the "Everything else airplane forum" Under the first sticky.... There is a TON of great information in that thread. I find I have learned more from that thread than anywhere in my 3D flying career if you want to call it that lol. There are how to videos by BoneDoc, Michael Wargo, Flying Circus, and more. If you haven't dug into that thread, you ought to. For me it makes going to events and asking questions of the guys who can really fly make more sense. That thread is really what brought me to this site a few years ago.:thumbup: Don't get overwhelmed when you first look at it. It is a huge thread especially the first post, scroll down and take a overview look at it and pick out what you want to read. You will find you will go back and read the whole first post in its entirety, but be prepared it is a book! lol There is even a rolling harrier training program in there that helps show the timing for rolling harriers.... Rolling harrier tutor

Just try setting up one mix for knife edge and when you get it dialed in you will swear by it, my opinion....

I will get off my soap box now lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well thanks man I will go do some reading. I have been to that thread, but skimmed alot of it. I'll go back and dig into it more. Thanks again.

Bipenut53

150cc
No problem!! It helped and is still helping me, I truly think it is one of the most informative threads on here... Again my opinion lol