• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Spark switch

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Anyone familiar with a spark switch? My ignition battery was left on and died and i gotta work my way through someone else's wiring.

20190329_203014.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Dead ignition battery perhaps. I bought this plane rtf, it's very well assembled, and have flown it since last summer. Between Jan (when i flew last) and this week i have lost the battery perhaps as it is dead. In and around the switch and wiring is a spark switch.

I tried to bypass dead battery but no luck. I'll get more pictures.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I run the spark switch of the receiver. One my big DA 150 it is run off it’s own battery 1500mAh battery. The spark switch will drain the battery eventually but during the flying season I never disconnect it and do not have switch in the circuit, it has never drained the 1500mAh battery down.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The spark switch appears to be the problem. Cross checked batteries and the battery was fine. Direct connected another battery and switch and spark switch light remained off so thinking new spark switch. New one on the way via overnight shipping.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The spark switch can be set 2 ways don’t get them mixed up. Ever time I set up mine I struggle with it almost impossible to explain . It either works one flip of the switch or two flips and I never get right always end fouling around with for a while before I get it.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So if I have the toggle switch off I'm not going to have power. Just realizing my switch might be fine. :confused: