• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Solid Robart like wheels with smooth hubcaps?

anybody know where I can find robart like wheels that won't get flat spots from 20lbs planes?

I need 4 inch wheels with a nice smooth hub cap. The Robart wheels with the foam insert get flats spots from sitting. Any ideas how one can replace the foam insert with a better filler material? The Robart scale wheels are the right proportion hub size to tire.

poprlite

50cc
http://www.sullivanproducts.com/WheelsMainFrame.htm

These are the wheels I use. They 4" and plane weighs around 25# or so with the wings off. They will flat spot if left alone a long time but it rounds back out quicker than others I've used.

If I can remember and I know I'm gonna leave the plane sitting for some time I'll block up the gear to get the weight off the wheel's. And they are really light too.

http://www.sullivanproducts.com/WheelsMainFrame.htm

These are the wheels I use. They 4" and plane weighs around 25# or so with the wings off. They will flat spot if left alone a long time but it rounds back out quicker than others I've used.

If I can remember and I know I'm gonna leave the plane sitting for some time I'll block up the gear to get the weight off the wheel's. And they are really light too.
Thanks for the reply! I need a wheel with a smooth hub cap for a scale-like appearance. The Robart wheel is exactly the look except but no way withstand a 25# plane without their foam insert that ends up out of balance and flat spotting.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Any way to put the tires from the Skylites onto the Robart hub? The Skylites with the aluminum hubcaps just bolt together, and the Skylite tires are awesome.

Last edited:
Any way to put the tires from the Skylites onto the Robart hub? The Skylights with the aluminum hubcaps just bolt together, and the Skylite tires are awesome.
I am going to purchase a pair skylights and see if the Robart hub will attach and if not then make a hub and glue it on. No other choice that I know of.