• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Smoke exhaust for dle55ra

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Not yet, saw somewhere that JTec gave the RA's a try but with mixed results... If it were me I'd just add a Dubro pressure fitting and keep it simple.

Feral

Cheers Tim I'm making a smoke can for my mld35 using the stock can and a spray bar if it works well I'll do the same for the 55ra

kwj48

70cc twin V2
I would imagine with the rear exhaust port it's gonna be a little harder to get good smoke from the stock muffler. I could be wrong though. On one of my DL pitts mufflers I wrapped small copper tubing around the outside several times, JB welded it in place, then injected it into the muffler. I got the tubing from an auto parts store. The extra heat really helped the smoke oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feral

I was thinking the same with wrapping the brass tube around the can or head to preheat the oil but then I was thinking about a spray bar inside the can I'm experimenting with drill sizes and electric pumps at the moment with my mld35 I'll post my findings up once complete. Cheers