• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show your IMAC Setup

garlandk

100cc
Show your giant scale plane or iMac setup! About to setup a new iMac plane myself.

My plan is to run two Futaba 8 channel sbus rx with my 18mz splitting the airplane in half. I will be running the left ailerons and right elevator on one rx and right ailerons and left elevator servos on the other rx. Rudder I will probably split it in half.

Still undecided on my batteries. Running high voltage servos and plan on running two batteries plugging one into each rx. Plan on regulating the batteries to get a constant voltage.

Engine will be a DA200 with canisters and a three blade prop. Will also equip the plane with telemetry....engine temp for each cylinder, rpm, and batteries. Maybe Gps later down the road.

kbaerg

30cc
On my 170 cc PAU Extra I ran everything into a smartfly EQ6 Turbo and two fromeco relion 5200 batts to the smartfly, and one 2600 for the ignition. pic was during install and I changed my battery tray since. Worked for me this year.

20505=13080-IMG_20130913_154748_856.jpg
20505=13080-IMG_20130913_154748_856.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Kevin, I'm running a similar setup in my 42% Raven, only with two Futaba 6014HS rx's, with a 14MZ Tx. I have not split the rudder servos (3) as they are directly linked on a pull-pull, and I was concerned about two possible issues;

1 - any latency between the two rx's if one is driving 1 servo while the other is driving the remaining2

2 - If one rx was lost would I have a binding issue while the other rx drives the working servo(s)? The way I have it now, I either will, or will not have rudder, which is still a flyable plane assuming they're not locked hard over.

Maybe the SWB self-adjusting linkage would be a wise investment?????

Power wise, I'm running Fromeco Relions, thru a Wolverine switch into Sahara regs to each rx. The Wolverine allows either servo to draw from either battery and pulls them down very evenly.

I'm flying a Carden Pro, DA 170 0n RE3's. 2 6014's, each with it's own switch and battery(A123). One receiver runs right aileron,right elevator and both rudder servos. The other runs the left side along with throttle. I thought along the same lines as Earle as far as the rudder servos.

Also flying a Dalton with the same exact set up but with a DA 200.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
H9 3.1M Sukhoi / DA170 / RE3s on 14" headers / 2 X 2500Ma Taildragger A123 / Wolverine switch with 2 deans in and 4 JR out / dual 6014HS Futaba RXs / Smart-Fly dual RX ignition kill / 2300Ma a123 for ignition. I have the plane split R-Ail / L-Elevator and L-Ail / R-Elevator. 2 X Futaba 9157s on rudder / Futaba 9157s on elevator halves. 4 X Savox 1279TGs on ailerons and a Hitec 5955 on throttle. I also have a Fromeco Cricket on each RX to indicate current voltage and lowest voltage seen by each RX during each flight. No regulators anywhere.

I'm using all the stock hardware that came with the plane with the exception of the main wheels, tail wheel, and landing gear. The CF gear and saved > 1lb.

Mejzlik 28.5X12 3 blade prop.

900+ flights on the airframe.

garlandk

100cc
Pistolera;20510 wrote: Kevin, I'm running a similar setup in my 42% Raven, only with two Futaba 6014HS rx's, with a 14MZ Tx. I have not split the rudder servos (3) as they are directly linked on a pull-pull, and I was concerned about two possible issues;

1 - any latency between the two rx's if one is driving 1 servo while the other is driving the remaining2

2 - If one rx was lost would I have a binding issue while the other rx drives the working servo(s)? The way I have it now, I either will, or will not have rudder, which is still a flyable plane assuming they're not locked hard over.

Maybe the SWB self-adjusting linkage would be a wise investment?????

Power wise, I'm running Fromeco Relions, thru a Wolverine switch into Sahara regs to each rx. The Wolverine allows either servo to draw from either battery and pulls them down very evenly.

Good call. Will probably just run both rudder servos on one rx then.

thurmma

150cc
garlandk;20529 wrote: Good call. Will probably just run both rudder servos on one rx then.

I have the swb tray with two servos and run one off each rx in the plane. That way if one fails I still have at least 50% rudder control. Just my 2 cents :)

I am flying a H9 3.1M Sukhoi. Running a DA170 on RE3's and 14" headers. Using a JR RG1131BPU receiver guided by a XG11. All servos are JR8911's even throttle. 2 Pulse 5000 mah lipo's. Ignition is controlled via a PowerBox Spark switch with a Fromeco 2600 mah li-ion battery. For props I have Mej 28/12N 3 blade, 31/12 and 30/13. I also have a Falcon 31/12 and 30/13. All props have good points and draw backs and I prefer to use the Mej 31/12. Running a Dubro 60 fuel tank that is larger and slightly lighter than the stock tank.