• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo problem

hbollier

70cc twin V2
I had a strange intermittent servo problem this weekend. Brand new Savox 1270TG on all surfaces. While pre fighting the plane I check the direction of all surfaces. Left aileron stopped in the down position. I could pull it up with my fingers to center and push it back down. At center it fights only in the up direction (pick up surface till center then it holds). I changed out the extensions and same problem.

Am I missing any trouble shooting steps? I may swap the wings around to rule out the receiver. I find it odd that it is only one direction affected.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I had a strange intermittent servo problem this weekend. Brand new Savox 1270TG on all surfaces. While pre fighting the plane I check the direction of all surfaces. Left aileron stopped in the down position. I could pull it up with my fingers to center and push it back down. At center it fights only in the up direction (pick up surface till center then it holds). I changed out the extensions and same problem.

Am I missing any trouble shooting steps? I may swap the wings around to rule out the receiver. I find it odd that it is only one direction affected.
Sounds like you might just got a bad servo. Pull/Unplug problem servo, and plug another in, see if same thing happens.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
I will swap the wings around and see what happens. We will see. Now I need to figure out my motor issue. I will be re-soldering bullets today.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
what arm are you using? I had something similar and it turned out to be the arm.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
what arm are you using? I had something similar and it turned out to be the arm.
You are going to have to explain that one to me. I am having a hard time connecting the dots.

This is definitely electrical in nature.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I had a servo that iwas convinced was bad because it would consisantly be about an inch off center when flying. I bought a new servo to replace it and it ddid the same thing. Turned out the servo arm was slipping and that was causing my issue. Something that would be easy to check.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
You are going to have to explain that one to me. I am having a hard time connecting the dots.

This is definitely electrical in nature.
The arm isn't slipping. When I pick up the aileron the gears are turning in the servo. It is almost like it doesn't recognize that it is off center in only one direction.

For the record Spot On V2 arms.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Sounds Good. Thought it would be something easy to check. Mine was a spot on arm also. Thought my gears were turning also. Sounds like you have a bad one that needs to be replaced.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
If it was simply stopping off center or just a few degrees off I would say maybe its the arm. It moves through 45 degrees and fights exactly at center every time. When it stops moving with the sticks, it stops moving. The servo stops buzzing, the servo stops turning, like it is dead. If it was the arm you would at least have the post turning, but it is dead. Once you bring the servo up to center it comes back to life.

If it were the TX then it would hit both servos at the same time. I could possible see the receiver, but only affecting half of the range of the servo.

I emailed Savox to see what they say. Definitely a puzzler.