• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo for 30-35c

Hello,

i'm looking to have my first big plane and looking for setup. Today i got confused about servos.. I think about 76" plane and 3DHS, Aeroworks recommend 150 oz torque servos. I checked Extreme Flight manuals and found that they recommend 300 oz torque servos for 76 "MXS! So what torque is good for 76" plane? I was thinking to buy Hitec 5565, maybe 5585 (power vs speed) but now i'm confused..

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hello,

i'm looking to have my first big plane and looking for setup. Today i got confused about servos.. I think about 76" plane and 3DHS, Aeroworks recommend 150 oz torque servos. I checked Extreme Flight manuals and found that they recommend 300 oz torque servos for 76 "MXS! So what torque is good for 76" plane? I was thinking to buy Hitec 5565, maybe 5585 (power vs speed) but now i'm confused..

Both the Hitec HS-5565/5585MH are excellent servos, and I've used both in 30-35cc sized 3dhs, Redwing and Aerobeez airplanes without any issues.

The EF 76" MXS and Laser aren't true 30cc sized planes; closer to 40/50cc size in terms of control surface, and that is why the larger servo is recommended by EF.

In the 74" Laser, a great servo is the Hitec HS-7954SH, which is only a few dollars more than the ones you're looking at.

I'm looking into Aeroplus Edge 540 V3 and as i understand it has big control surfaces. Looked into 7954, 30 USD difference.. And it has almost double torque compared to HS-5565/5585MH that makes me more confused..

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm looking into Aeroplus Edge 540 V3 and as i understand it has big control surfaces. Looked into 7954, 30 USD difference.. And it has almost double torque compared to HS-5565/5585MH that makes me more confused..

I built one of those as well. The HS-5585MH would be perfect.