• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Seagull ARF's

Anyone know anything about Seagull ARFs

Seen some good deals on these in the UK...but not sure to there pedigree and whether up to the standard of the big boys...

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
The Seagulll model I have experience of is the Innovator trainer which I put together for my flying buddy a while back. It was decent quality and went together well enough and flies very nicely (as a trainer). It was not on the same standard of the EF / 3DHS of this world, but to be fair the Innovator trainer sells at a totally different price point to those models so what could you expect? The higher end Seagull planes may be a few rungs up the quality ladder compared to the one I built.

The covering on the Innovator was a bit of a weak point. It looked nice enough but I discovered that the film was plain white and the colour scheme painted on. This makes repairs tricky, plus the film is an unusual type, it's quite brittle and sort of 'shatters' if it takes a knock. Again the higher end models may be finished differently.