• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox SV1270

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just heard about these; anyone have any more info/experience?:

Here is some new happiness from Savox, been in the making for several years

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SV1270...avsv1270tg.htm

Weight(g): 56
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .14
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 361.1
Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .11
Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 487.7

I'm interested in those also. I also like the specs on this one for the 50/60cc class:

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SV1271TG_Digital_Servo_p/savsv1271sg.htm

This is the Savox SV-1271MG Monster Torque High Voltage Titanium Gear Digital Servo-savsv1271mg.

Features:

• Super fast for its size at .08 sec/60.
  • Super strong and precision made unique steel gears provide high level of durability and survives heavy use.
  • Coreless motor brings output performance to the top level – smoother, faster, and more efficient.
  • Special design for high voltage native 2s LiPo operation.
  • Water-proof with 4 silicon seals.
  • Our servos are totally green – from materials to production, these servos are environmentally friendly.
  • Ideal for large-scale airplane, jet, and 1/5[SUP]th[/SUP] scale surface

Dimensions(mm): 40.3x20.2x37.2
Weight(g): 63.0
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .11
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 277.7
Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .08
Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 347.2
Gear: Unique Steel
Bearing: 2BB
Case: Aluminum
25 Tooth Spline

hone

150cc
Both of those servos look pretty sweet. I'll have to keep these in mind for my next project. Maybe i'll put some of those 1271s in the ailerons of my 78'' Extra. A little less torque than the 7955s i have in there now(overkill anyway)but 25% faster.

The 1270TGs might be what i was looking for to use in a 91'' Extra. I really liked the 1258TGs in my 71'' Slick.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Spoke with my friends at Savox USA, and told them how excited we are about those new SV-1270TG servos... Super impressive specs, hopefully we can get some to try soon!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Goodies have arrived!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376963623.021697.jpg

dribar

70cc twin V2
I got mine in the mail today, but my MPI aluminum arms (hitec flavor) won't go on. Can you tell me what you used for arms? I need some 1.5" and 2"... thanks!

Dan

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got mine in the mail today, but my MPI aluminum arms (hitec flavor) won't go on. Can you tell me what you used for arms? I need some 1.5" and 2"... thanks!

Dan

I used 1.5" all around on the 88" edge, but came up a couple degrees short of max deflection on the elevator, but still had a TON.

Let me know if you need a set, I have an extra set of 4 1.5" and 1 double rudder,
they are the gold spot-on arms, futaba (Savox) spline.

dribar

70cc twin V2
ok thanks -- I'll see if I can get a replacement set for these MPIs since I just bought them. Futaba spline... got it. Thanks man. If it doesn't work out I'll come knockin for your set.

Peace.