• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox servo torque test

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
That is 568 oz in. It is a Savox 2231 on regulated 8.5 v. The 2270's pulled 29.5 pounds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 445

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
This is the test rig. It has 3D printed mounts and uses 3S and a BEC Pro regulated to 8.5v.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 432

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
And that is with flight systems, not a test rig. I used a Spectrum 9110 Powersafe Rx and a Castle BEC Pro regulated to 8.5v with a 3S 1500 battery for power.

Bemeson

50cc
Mr. Hoffman
Next time try it regulated at 7.4 volts as this is how the factory tests their servos. It will still be good, but closer to rated specs. Testing at 8.4 definitely gives more speed and torque, but as you know the batteries will not stay their during an entire day of flying. I think you know that I run all my HV servos with a sahara reg set at 7.6 just for this reason. That way I get the same torque and speed through the entire use of the batteries before charging. I think your numbers my cause others to believe they will get that torque and speed the entire time which is a bit misleading.

Thanks
Brian

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
With the 3s setup I use they will get 8.5v all day, until the batteries are completely dead of course. If I ran a 2s setup then I would set them at something like 7.4v. I have been running this setup on 2 planes most of all last year.

Bemeson

50cc
Mr. Hoffman I understand you can run 8.5 volts and I have tested many a Savox at 8.5 volts, but I just wanted folks that read this to understand all the detaisl. I know you are an very skilled and super knowledgeable, but I wanted to make sure all that read this understand the results.

Thanks a ton for the information as others I am sure a curious to see that Savox specs are legitimate unlike some other brands.

I need you to make a set of baffles from my Yak.....I will send you an email one of the days. Its the one in my avatar.

Take care
Brian

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Will do. You can see the printed parts I used for the servo test rig. The servo mount only requires one screw to hold the servo for a test.