• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox 1283

yakken

100cc
Anybody have any experience with the savox 1283 servos? I installed them in a 37.5 yak and they are using 500 mah per flight more than any of my other planes with 1231's. I checked for binding and all good there. I ordered a amp meter to check them that way also. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I use them on Rudder & Elevators on my Yak. I really like them. I haven't noticed them pulling unusually high amps but they are a little loud.

yakken

100cc
I use them on Rudder & Elevators on my Yak. I really like them. I haven't noticed them pulling unusually high amps but they are a little loud.
I only run savox and have never seen any of my planes use that many mah's. Im curious to see what i find out when my amp meter comes in.

Reactions: Jlc

thurmma

150cc
I am using 1283's in the 330LX that I use for IMAC. I have 2 per wing, 1 per elevator and 2 on the rudder. Love the servos! They do have a tendency to draw a little more juice than some others I have used but, I am running dual 5000 lipo's for the rx's and I have had many times where I have flown 8 or 9 times in a day and still had around 60% left in both batteries. I am running a JETI Central Box 200 with JETI regulators and the batteries balance out nicely.

yakken

100cc
Update on the mah usage. My monster ball links were seized up. When i grabbed the rudder i almost broke it to get it to move. My ailerons were seized also. I have never had dubro monster links do that. Had to replace the rudder links but the aileron links i got free with some lube. They were free when i setup the plane. Plane only has 13 flights on it.

Bemeson

50cc
I am glad you found the problem as I have never seen that high of mah usage with those servos. Those are the servos in the plane in my avatar.

Brian