• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox 1283 servo connectors

I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of 1283's for my EF 88 Edge. Everything about the specs / reputation looks good, but at the last minute I thought about the connector types. I've been told the splines are Futaba, but are the connectors Futaba also? I know I can mix and match (done it before), but it would be better if they are consistent with everything else.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Futaba is about the only thing that has "Futaba" connectors. All Savox have JR style standard connectors. You are correct, 25 tooth spline (Futaba style).

O

Ohio AV8TOR

I use Savox with my Futaba radio with no problems whatsoever. The Futaba connector basically has a slide tab that only goes in one way - the right way. Other than that everything is the same. When use connectors other than Futaba you just need to match you signal wires and plug the in. Don't fret if you plug them in wrong you wont damage anything the servo just wont work. Flip it and you are good to go.

If you so happen to plug the servos in backwards, dont sweat it. You wont damage anything. Just remember, the darkest wire is negative andthe orange wire is signal. :)

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
TnAeroNut;12808 wrote: I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of 1283's for my EF 88 Edge. Everything about the specs / reputation looks good, but at the last minute I thought about the connector types. I've been told the splines are Futaba, but are the connectors Futaba also? I know I can mix and match (done it before), but it would be better if they are consistent with everything else.

Do you watch Big Bang Theory?

As others have said they use Futaba arms and standard connectors.