• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RX/Ignition batteries Pros & Cons?

TXCranedriver

New to GSN!
Hello all this is my first time posting here. I have a couple of questions about batteries. I am building a 3dhobbyshop 92"edge and was trying to decide on what batteries to use on the RX and ignition for the DLE 61. Lipo, Life, A123, Nimn,... pros and cons. I will have a miracle switch and would like to be able to use the charging ports on said switch. I would love to be able to fly all day on one charge and so will be running redundant RX batteries. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

+1 on BB's setup. I run exactly the same setup on an 88" Edge. One soft switch to run the whole plane, no switches to fail or worry about. Between the battery types you mentioned I lean toward A123 as my favorite and Lipo second. I'm not as keen on the Life packs and I have gotten rid of all Nixx chemistry packs.

TXCranedriver

New to GSN!
Yeah I have been looking at running two A123's both connected to the RX. Been reading up on Hang Time RC about NoBs batteries. There is a lot of info on his page. He shows using two switches so you can charge each independently. I can use the miracle switch for both RX batts but I would still have to have another switch for my ignition.

TXCranedriver

New to GSN!
Nice. I have never heard of it since I have been out of the hobby for a while but I just looked it up. If I run two 2500mah A123's it should be plenty to run the RX and the ignition with the IBEC.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Yup I run 2 2200s in my setup the 50cc used about 450 mah per flight the 35%er is using close to 700mah per flight.

TXCranedriver

New to GSN!
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help. You learn something new everyday. The technology in this hobby is growing exponentially and it is fantastic. Cant wait to get home. The amount of packages that will be at my door...it's going to be like Christmas.