• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RotoFlow Fuel Systems — No Maintenance Required

GSNadmin

Staff member
RC Fuel Tanks haven’t changed in decades and we all deal with the same old problems of leaks and misplaced clunks after a hard landing! On the market now for a couple of years, the RotoFlow Fuel system from JL power Products is truly revolutionary with its internal “clunkless” design. I have have one installed in my 1/4-scale Sopwith Camel, and it has worked flawlessly from the start.

Inside each tank is a fully engineered fuel pickup system that has a large easy moving fuel pickup that’s always going to be in position for proper fuel flow regardless of the attitude and position your plane. The new RotoFlow clunkless fuel tank has a brass rotary fuel pick-up that works on the principle of centrifugal force to ensure constant and reliable contact with fuel.

RotoFlow tanks and hardware are compatible with Glow fuel, Gasoline, Kerosene, and smoke oil materials.

I liked the Roto-Flow tank so much I actually drew it into my plans for the Sopwith Camel sold in the AirAgeStore.com website. To make it easy to install and keep it accessible, I made a pair of lite ply brackets that hold the tank with padded cushion strips and screwed them into place under a removable hatch cover.

Also, if you would like to see how I installed it you can see the Build-along I posted while building the Camel, just click HERE.

If you really want a trouble free fuel system, this is the place to get it!

J&L Power Products, Inc.
388 Belvedere East
Colgate, WI 53017

Model Airplane News - The #1 resource for RC plane and helicopter enthusiasts featuring news, videos, product releases and tech tips.

Continue reading...

Doc

50cc
Real good friend of mine had one of these in a big Japanese fighter, a Ki 100 and it started acting up so on checking it out he found the rotating pickup stuck straight up like something had gummed it up so he replaced it and having another in a 1/3 scale WWI plane he pulled it out and it was perfect. No sign of getting gummy but he replaced it anyway but Just sayin something got to the one in the Ki so keep an eye on them. Our models are way too expensive for something as simple as a fuel tank to take one out.
Doc