• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rings for Rossi .60

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Fellow member @Whiskey Joe asked me where he might find replacement rings for a Rossi .60 that is in an airplane he acquired.

Anyone? I'm not up on Rossi engines and, as far as I know, nobody has stepped up to replace the products that Bowman had been providing prior to his retirement.

Thanks for the help.
Bart

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The old Rossi parts are not that easy to come by and the Nova Rossi parts are not interchangeable. @Whiskey Joe may have a hard time finding one. He may want to try Ebay, Amazon.com or any one of the many other such sites.

Hey Chris, in case you aren't aware, you need to watch your nitro content. The older Rossi's are not tolerant of fuel with anything much more than 5% nitro unless a shim has been installed between the cylinder and the head. I have never used any more than 5% nitro I my Rossi's. Also, don't use a plug that is too hot. Rossi's are high compression engines and they like a cooler plug than say an OS.

OK, I won't talk about Slimer's any more. . . . . . . .:msn_slap:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yeah, I saw it in another thread. Be careful flying the plane. Using a Rossi can be very addictive. If you're not careful, you will end up like me with one in a plane and four more sitting here in their boxes waiting for their turn. . . . .:yesss:

Chris, start out with an 11x7. Remember, Rossi's like higher RPM's

Last edited:

BalsaDust

Yeah, I saw it in another thread. Be careful flying the plane. Using a Rossi can be very addictive. If you're not careful, you will end up like me with one in a plane and four more sitting here in their boxes waiting for their turn. . . . .:yesss:

Lol we will see. I think I will end up having to get a regular muffler for it though. The plane I feel is just to pretty to have the big ass pipe running down the side of the fuse.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
:eek:. . . . I beg to differ. . . . . LOL. Putting a stock muffler on a Rossi is like putting stock exhaust system on a 429 Cobrajet. Test something when you get the engine and see how you like it. This is a trick the old pattern flyers used. When you are looking at the front of the plane, rotate the engine mount on the firewall so the cylinder is at approximately 8 o'clock. The header will then exit the bottom of the cowl and the pipe can run right down the centerline of the fuse. You will have to play with the angle depending on which header you use. An added benefit is the weight of the pipe will not affect the lateral balance of the plane. If you must use a muffler, consider getting something like a Jett performance muffler for your Rossi. It will thank you for it.

OK, we better stop talking Slimers or we're both going to get in trouble. . . . . . . :laughing:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Finding a ring is probably going to be tricky.

I always ran 10% in my Rossi .60's for the most part, but I ran 15% at times. Always on a Mac's muffled tune pipe, and an 11 x 7 1/2 prop.

a637926-85-a6008405-86-Calypso_resized.jpg