• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwingrc 30cc extra prop size

hr752

New to GSN!
Hey guys I was wanting some advice on what size prop to run on my redwingrc 30cc extra. I have a dle 35cc mounted on it. I currently have been running a redwingrc 20x8 and 19x8 wooden prop. would going with a carbon fiber make a big difference or a different size. This is my first gas plane so I still have a lot to learn. So anyone willing to give some advice I would appreciate it.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hi HR
So what are you wanting to see in performance that you are not seeing now in the 20x8 and 19x8?

that will help guide the advice.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm running a Vess 20A on my DLE35RA I don't remember the tach numbers, transition is ok. Happy with the result over the 20B which was just too much prop. I haven't run a carbon prop, the rock strip on my field could be devastating to a carbon prop so I'm weary of trying one.

It seems that the carbon props can spool up faster and get a little higher rpm, but they are known to be a bit noisy I believe. But that is just what I hear through the grapevine.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
You want a prop that has a smooth transition that doesn't load up the engine. I personally think that a 20 wont spool up faster than a 19, or have the rpms that a 19 has. . . however, the 20 should produce a little more thrust at lower rpms. bla bla bla

Sounds like you want a carbon prop. People like the 19X8 carbon props for the DLE35RA. Heard great things about the Falcon 19X8 on the DLE35RA. I'd say give it a whirl.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey HR
Yeah the falcon 19x8 might be a good choice if you don't like the feel of the 19x8 wood redwing. You could try an 18x8 wood Redwing for a bit less and I think that might be a good match for that engine