• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Redwing RC Product Update June!

SleepyC

150cc
Hey guys, just thought I'd share some new product announcements from our buddies at Redwing RC!
And here they are!

Pin Flag w/ Hidden Dual Battery Redundancy Switch

DSC03843.jpg DSC03846.jpg DSC03851.jpg DSC03853.jpg

This is one cool switch. It offers complete dual battery balancing and redundancy with an ultra-small footprint. The new intelligent redundant battery balancing switch also works as a safety that prevents the connected components from receiving power until the pin flag is removed.

This switch works with any single or dual battery system and is compatible with battery voltage range from 2.5v to 28v. It comes with a Pin Flag and Ultra Bright Blue LED which can be mounted discretely on your scale model. The Pin Flag controls the internally mounted switch and battery redundancy circuit. The result - beautiful scale appearance with dual battery redundancy peace of mind.

This new balancing technology offers battery balancing with zero voltage drop and redundancy which means it can handle huge loads without generating heat. This also means your receiver and servos get all the power unlike conventional battery balancing which loses precious power as heat.

Package Includes:
-1 x Pin Flag switch with mounting hardware.

-1 x Ultra Bright Blue LED with mounting hardware.

-1 x Dual Battery Balancing power switch circuit.

-2 x sets of Input and Output connectors of your choice.

Specs:
-Ultra low footprint for the best scale looks.

-Works with single or dual battery configuration.

-Works with all battery chemistries. LiFe. LiPo, Lion, NiMh, NiCD. Battery voltage range can be from 2.5volts to 28 volts.

-Capable of handling input voltages up to 28volts.

20cc Edge Profile

Edge R_1.jpg Edge R_2.jpg Edge R_3.jpg Edge Y_1.jpg Edge Y_2.jpg Edge Y_3.jpg
The Edge 540 is known for its unsurpassed harrier and slow alpha flight capability. This 20cc version is no different and is an absolute blast to fly.

You will enjoy smooth clean knife edge and similar maneuvers as well as very predictable smooth 3D. The very even rolling harriers, easy hovers, and easy torque rolls make his plane a GREAT learning tool with the wonderful advantages of gasoline.

This new 20cc Edge 540 comes with the same great features that Redwing provides with all of our profile planes. It is set up and ready to have a DLE 20 or DLE 20RA mounted right in - or try going electric with our new Hacker A50 electric motor with a little adaptation. Even those who are not fans of profiles will fall in love with this beauty!

The 20cc Edge 540 profile comes in 2 new attractive schemes designed by Adam Strong. Get them while they are in stock!

Specifications:
Wing span: 1651 mm / 65"
Wing area: 69.2 sq. dm./ 1072 sq. in.
All up flying weight: 3100g / 6.5 lbs.
Length: 1587.5 mm/ 62.5"
Engine: DLE 20 / DLE 20RA
Radio: 5 channel
Recommended Spinner Size: 2.5"
Recommended CG: on wing tube
Recommended Prop Size: 17x6

Power HD Storm 3, 4, and 5
Power_HD_brushless_Storm-3.jpg Power_HD_brushless_Storm-4.jpg Power_HD_brushless_Storm-5.jpg Storm contents.jpg

The PowerHD Storm 3, 4, and 5 are high efficiency servos and perform great under all circumstances. They run cooler, quieter, with less vibration, with no brush arcing, and the radio frequency interference and electronic noise is significantly reduced. These high voltage servos use the new brushless technology which will provide you with the best strength and speed while being incredibly efficient and long lasting.

New and Improved Technology!

Why choose brushless servos? They have many benefits, one being that they only use the power necessary to get the job done. If the servo encounters resistance - more power is given, if it senses less resistance - less power is given. On the other hand, brush servos use full power no matter what the situation. PowerHD Storm servos have the power saving advantage that will increase the life of your batteries.

Specs:

Storm 3
Torque - (6.0V): 27.0 kg-cm (374.9 oz./ in.) / (7.4V): 32.0 kg-cm (444.4 oz./ in.)
Speed -0.14 sec (6.0V) │ 0.11 sec (7.4V)
Operating Voltage - 6.0 ~ 8.4 V
Weight - 80.0 g (2.82 oz.)
Operating Temp - -20~60 centigrade
Working Frequency - 1520μs / 333 Hz
Size - 40.0 x 20.0 x 38.0 mm (1.57 x 0.79 x 1.53 in.)
BRUSHLESS Motor
Double Ball Bearings
Titanium and Steel gears
Water resistant O-Rings
All aluminum housing

Storm 4
Torque - (6.0V) 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz./ in.) / (7.4V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.1 oz./ in.)
Speed -0.10 sec (6.0V) │ 0.085 sec (7.4V)
Operating Temp - -20~60 centigrade
BRUSHLESS Motor
Double Ball Bearings
Titanium and Steel gears
Water resistant O-Rings
All aluminum housing

Storm 5
Torque - (6.0V): 15.0 kg-cm (208.3 oz./ in.) / (7.4V): 18.0 kg-cm (249.9 oz./ in.)
Speed 0.085 sec (6.0V) │ 0.066 sec (7.4V)
Operating Temp - -20~60centigrade
BRUSHLESS Motor
Double Ball Bearings
Titanium and Steel gears
Water resistant O-Rings
All aluminum housing

XION RC Wing Locks

Wing Locks.jpg

The XION RC Wing Lock is an innovative item that no pilot should be without.

Attaching the wings of your plane can sometimes be very time consuming. Breaking your back bending over your plane and trying to fit your hands in the fuselage to screw in the nylon bolts can be quite a hassle. Spending two to three minutes on the wings every time can get old, and that’s where the amazing XION RC Wing Lock system comes in handy.

The wing locks are very easy to install and allow for INSTANT attachment of your wings. Once they in your plane simply slide your wing onto the wing tube and into the fuselage, then click and lock! The Wing Lock literally “Locks” your wing in SECONDS. It couldn’t get any easier.

*Available for planes that have 6mm or 1/4-20 T nuts installed in the wings. More sizes to come.

See the video for a visual sample of how easy it is and how well it works at www.redwingrc.com.

Specifications:
Bolt threads: 6mm or 1/4-20 available
STRONG Aluminum construction
Weight: .5oz for one full set
Sold in pairs

More info: REDWING RC

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I've been using those pin flag switches from another supplier and love them, great addition to any scale model and I am going to be using one on my 50cc yak although probably without the redundancy as I'll be running a power bus unit

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Thought so, didn't want to say it on Redwings post (should have checked the site it sais Boomarc lol) but if they are a distributor for Boomarc that is great :D

Booma make some awesome products and more exposure for them the better, I love my power buss from them and will be using one on all craft larger than 50cc

japan3d

50cc
Where is RedWing RC. I have emailed them twice and no response. Really want to buy the 50cc Yak from them.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Where is RedWing RC. I have emailed them twice and no response. Really want to buy the 50cc Yak from them.
First off :welcome: to the site, on contacting RW I'd try FB they have a couple pages there, maybe get some help there. They also have some contact info here in vendor support, but don't think they visit here often

Lojik

70cc twin V2
XFC was running this weekend so they may have been tied up with that, hopefully they will come back to you soon