• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing Extra 330sc Verstion 2

Well the time has finally come. I have finally had the time to get started on my v2 extra. And can I say one thing I am really impressed. The changes from v1 to v2 are great. This plane is going to be right up there with some of the best ones on the market. so lets get started.

* Gear

* Motor Eme 70
* Servos Power Hd Bls Storm 3 from Redwing
* Spot on Servo arms and Bling From Aztech Aeromodels
* Booma Rc Pin Flag Switch from Vital Rc
* 20 oz Fred Water Bottle Tank Made by Me.

So Lets get Started.

The plane came packaged. Just as always in the coffin type box. Everything arrived safe nothing in the box was broken. Redwing always packs there planes well!!!! 2.jpg1.jpg

Very nice set of hardware with this plane. Nice heavy duty ball links and turnbuckels and 3mm hardware. Once it was unpacked and verything was inspected . its time to start the build 7.jpg6.jpg

So my first step of any build is to always get her on her feet, 5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg Once on the gear. I usally start the hinging process. This time I optoed to use Gorrila glue to do my hinges since I am in now hurry. We Gorrila glue, you must make sure to dampen the surface the glue is activated buy mositure. So I always us 3 and 1 oil to oil the hinge joint.. 10.jpg8.jpg

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Love that Red and White... I really loved the Blue and White but Red has always been my favorite color! :)

Yeah its really going to pop in the air.. I am really impressed with the upgrades from v1 to v2.. Carbon stringers and spars.. stiffer control surfaces.. can't wait to get this one and its mini me in the air

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Sweet! I need something to do a build thread with too. I got my extra almost ready to go again. Got redwing rc new led kit coming for it too!

Over the past few days I have got a little more work done. So far. I have the Stabs hinged after a slight mess up.. had to cut the hinges out and reglue, Motor is mounted, Ingition is mounted, rx and power board is in, throttle is set up and so is rudder set up.

17.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg
I stated with Installing the Elevator Servos today, Man these Power Hd Storm servos sure are quite. I am about to make me a servo test Jig, to test some servos. got the watt meter in a few days ago. and My servo mount. need to run to Walmart and get the digital fish scale and I should be set up. I need toget adjustable regulator to be about to set the voltage at a constant volt age.

bout to head to work now. but should get alittle more done on the plane tomorrow as the little one is sick and I have to stay up with her til mommy gets home then I can go to bed..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424837437580.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424837437580.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:

Sarlacc

50cc
[MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] Is the Blue and White Extra also the V2 on the redwing website? I am bigger fan of red, but I like the blue fade a little better.

Last edited by a moderator: