• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 50 YAK wing servo support triangle blocks

Hello All
I have the Redwings RC 50cc YAK 55 there are triangle blocks taped to the servo plate, I'm sure they are for support for the servo's or maybe the mounting of the plate can someone tell me the exact purpose and location for these blocks?
Thanks and happy landings!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yep you are right. Just glue in along side the wood plate that is there. You may have to dremel a little notch for the wire to fit through but will add a lot of strength

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
luvdabipes - I have the same 50cc YAK and decided to mount the servos vertically and not use the plates. (Thank you RedwingRC for the option to do this)
I just felt it made for a stronger install. The ailerons on this thing are HUGE and I really didn't trust the thin plate and small screws to hold all that torque. Obviously this is my opinion but that is how I set this one up. BTW: It is an awesome flying airplane. Mine is setup with a DLE 55ra.