• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

RC Propeller Database by Lojik

SleepyC

150cc
Hey guys a while back we asked if someone would take on the task of creating a propeller database and GSN member @Lojik from Australia took up the task and did it! In fact he created an entire website! SO please join me in thanking him and upload some prop/engine combo data!!

1.png

RC Propeller Database

A challenge was put in place to design an online database for propeller and engine combinations that could benefit the community, I thought why not give it a try, I kinda like working with website design and had some experience with relational database work, So plans went in place and I set about creating the site. I wanted to create an easy to use and easy to view online report of submitted engine / propeller combinations, the site needed to be quick and simple so I decided to use Googledocs as my database and wordpress to embed the data into

After many late hours, lots of coffee and some tedious times I finally ended up with a workable site, which I am proud to say is now Live and ready to use, www.rcpropdata.com is open for all to use, please head on down and submit some prop/engine combos

There is currently 24 submissions as of the 25th June (big thanks to all the guys on the prop database thread), hopefully with more flyers like yourselves adding your prop/engine combos we can get that much higher, I would love to see this site become a great resource that is 100% community made, I was suggested to use some of the more common propeller brands "suggested" data but I felt that for a site like this it would be more appealing to have the flyers perspective on particular props and engines and not just a list of "suggested" combinations
I am personally checking each entry to weed out any errors so entries can take a few days to populate into the site, Future updates for the site if it takes off will be to move the database from Googledocs to an online database program similar to MS Access, this will allow users to store their favorite combinations and also amend any submissions they have made without having to contact the site admin, on top of this we can add additional fields such as flying styles, imagine buying an engine and instead of trawling through 100 pages of threads to find the right IMAC prop for it you could pop onto rcpropdata and just look up the engine and see at a glance what props people are using and for what type of flying, even save that prop and add your own notes to it.
I hope you all enjoy using the site and if you have any questions or suggestions please contact me here on GSN or via the sites contact us page

2.png

Yeah, even though we said it in the thread, a huge thanks to Lojik for being the one to put in the time and effort to set this up. Should be a great resource down the road if we can add to it. Tell your friends!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys, its a little spartan right now but even with just a few entries per week this can quickly turn into a useful resource for all.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Went to the website; looks great and it seems that it will be easy to submit data.

A couple of things to maybe include when the database gets an update.

Propeller weight in grams or ounces. It would be interesting to see how consistent the prop manufactures productions runs are.

Ambient temperature and elevation where rpm and thrust data is obtained. Also, is rpm data measured statically on the ground or via telemetry when flying.