1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
    Dismiss Notice

News Purple Plug Puller works

Discussion in 'Giant Scale News' started by thurmma, Jan 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM.

1. thurmma

thurmma 150cc

I don't usually pick up items like this because I figure the way I am doing it works.

Let me tell you that this is one product anyone who owns a gas engine needs! I have probably had mine about a month and was looking at it thinking ok, that will never get used, should have bought something else with the money. I was DEAD WRONG!!

I was working on my plane the other night with a 180 twin and was having some issues, which I found out today were of my own doing, and needed to pull the plugs to check for spark. I pulled the plugs and then as I was putting one in the cap the way I have always done it I thought, wait, you bought a tool just for this. I went and got the purple plug puller, threaded the plug into it and very easily inserted the plug in the cap. After testing for spark, which I figure I had but needed to check anyway to make sure, I screwed the tool onto the plug and with a little twist, wala, the plug was out of the cap. No pinched finger or messed up threads on the plug. That made me a believer right then and there.

You may not use it very often but, when you do need to use it, you will be very glad you bought it!

2. Wacobipe

Wacobipe 70cc twin V2

I had no inkling deal what this was...so I Googled it! Link for those interested: http://www.purpleplugpuller.com/

No doubt it works and works well, just not sure I need that unitasker in my toolkit.

thurmma likes this.
  3. js-rc

js-rc 70cc twin V2

Ha , I have to get one especially for everybody else in the clubs I belong to !! Seems I'm helping the other guys & see them use pliers to remove the plug , plus once in a while I have trouble, I plan to get one for this yrs. flying season !! At home, I've went & got a DLE-20 cylinder that I don't use I have for that job, that works ok, but I need something for the field !!

thurmma likes this.
  4. Rich G

Rich G New to GSN!

Thanks for the endorsement! Now if I can just get 10 friends to tell 10 of their friends and tell 10 of their friends I'll be an internet dollar-air!!

js-rc and thurmma like this.
  5. Rich G

Rich G New to GSN!

Oh-and js-rc...I found those servo screws you want and have them coming. Email me.

js-rc likes this.
  6. js-rc

js-rc 70cc twin V2

Thanks Rich !! Will do !!

Oh, can you get the Bonded washers too ? I would like the ones that look like chrome or stainless steel, ha !! I have a couple of those but would like more !!
    Thanks, John !!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017 at 2:43 PM
  7. Decal Dennis

Decal Dennis TEAM EP&G

That is pretty cool, I could have used that a few times myself

thurmma and js-rc like this.
  8. acerc

acerc 100cc

I just thread a nut onto the plug and pull with pliers, cost nothing more than what I already have.

9. sailr

sailr New to GSN!

IMPRESSIVE! I just ordered one!!