• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Promodeler Servos

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Hi all,

Stumbled across this site from an ad here on GSN, wondering if anyone here has bought, used and flown with these servos and your thoughts on them, looking around for servos for a future 40% and their top of the range servo looks killer on paper for its cost and has decent reviews on their own site

http://www.audacitymodels.com

Jack

Bipeguy03

150cc
Never used them, but I'm impressed with their site. Good thing is, at that price you can afford to buy a couple to experiment!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Yep was thinking of doing that before forking out a grand for a 40% setup but if anyone here has experience with them it would be awesome to hear about it as I hate being the test dummy, specially when I need to ship overseas

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hi all,

Stumbled across this site from an ad here on GSN, wondering if anyone here has bought, used and flown with these servos and your thoughts on them, looking around for servos for a future 40% and their top of the range servo looks killer on paper for its cost and has decent reviews on their own site

http://www.audacitymodels.com

Jack
Ask your buddy @Decal Dennis. I believe he tried some of those servos on a plane last year.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I used 4 of the ProModeler 215 in oz servos on the ailerons of my OMP 102" Yak SP-55M. I'm also using the 140 in oz servo for my throttle. I had no issues with the servos through one IMAC season...............maybe 150 flights, each in the 12 to 15 minute range.

My Yak has been retired and I moved the servos over to a 100cc Dalton Extra 260. The servos are still quiet, center well, move through their range of travel smoothly, and show little signs of wear or play at center. Since moving the servos to the Dalton they have another 52 flights on them.

I'd purchase ProModeler servos again and would not have any reservations about putting them in any 30 - 40 percent plane. Give John a call at ProModeler, you'll find he is another one of the "good guys" in this hobby.

thurmma

150cc
I believe I am going to dump a couple in my 35% Extra 330SC on the elevators and see what happens. Like @Capt.Roll said, at that price, a person can afford to test a couple out :)

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I'm just amazed at the price considering the amount of detail they went to with the design and production of the servos, you can even see just from the pictures on the site how well made they are, heck even the two lower powered servos have some serious gearing in them and the design looks solid.

I think next model I have to try some

Bipeguy03

150cc
I'm just amazed at the price considering the amount of detail they went to with the design and production of the servos, you can even see just from the pictures on the site how well made they are, heck even the two lower powered servos have some serious gearing in them and the design looks solid.

I think next model I have to try some

Thanks for the link, I think I'm going to give them a try as well. I can't get over the fact that they have a 100% billet Aluminum case.

Dad has a set of the 245 oz servos in a 700 class heli and the 140oz digital high speed gyro tail servo, as well. They seem like a good product for the value.

I would be inclined to try them. I hear of a couple of other guys that are flying them, and they seem to like them too.