• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Programing question for the Futaba experts

Hello all, I am in the final stages of setting up my 35% PAU and have a quick programming question for the experts. I am running a Futaba 10C transmitter, through a Powerbox Cockpit power board, dual servos per aileron, each aileron is on its own channel.

I am trying to set up flaps, and have it set up pretty much as I like, but I am wondering if there is a way to slow down how fast they deploy. I have them set to around 15 degrees, and when I flip the switch those savox 2273s @ 7.4v deploy instantly. I am using the airbrake function in the programming menu, and there is a delay for the elevator trim when the flaps are deployed, but nothing for the flaps or flaperons themselves.

The reason I am setting up flaps is I fly out of a 350' field, and in august the crops are usually 5' tall, and that makes it really short. I'm hoping that I won't NEED flaps, but it would be a nice to have the option to have a steeper approach to land later in the season.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

RonC

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
ron, somewhere in there you should find a servo speed function that will let you change how quickly the servos will move. even older radios have that functionality and it should be selectable for individual channels.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Either that or if the 10C has sliders on either side you can assign the flaps to one of the sliders and deploy them that way. I use Futaba, but I have never had a 10C so I cannot give you a definitive answer, sorry.

David

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I flew the 10c for many years and I do not recall being able to control the servo speed in programming but I forget alot lol. What I did was to set a condition where a V/R (dial or slider) would deploy flaps only as fast as you move the dial or slider.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
My BIL has my old 10c and I would need to get it but I do know the 10c has "logic" switch assignments. Try setting your flaps to logic switch and dial in some expo and see if that helps your set up.

Just to clarify the transmitter is a 10 CAG. I've been through the menus and can't find anything related to servo speed other than the delay for the elevator trim. I'll see if I can put some expo into it. I see in the manual that there are some options for servo speed etc in the glider programming. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@HurtinAlbertan

Look at page 66 of the manual. There is a function to slow the throttle speed and it says that it can be used for "other servos" with some creative mixing.

David