• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pin and flag switch with JR PS rx

mikeh

70cc twin V2
Guys, can I run a pin and flag switch such as a booma or smart-fly with a JR power safe dmss rx. If I'm correct the rx balances the batteries. So I shouldn't need a fromeco switch. Am I thinking correctly?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Guys, can I run a pin and flag switch such as a booma or smart-fly with a JR power safe dmss rx. If I'm correct the rx balances the batteries. So I shouldn't need a fromeco switch. Am I thinking correctly?

I can confirm that the Booma one works with the JR / Spektrum power safe RX's. I purchased an intellireg pro and a couple of pin switches. Their pin switch only uses the outer two wires exactly like the soft switch that is provided with the power safe RX. I tested it and it works perfectly:
https://duraliteflightsystems.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=154_158&product_id=472

M

Matt

you can also just use an external jack and use a bind plug to switch the RX on and off.. I use this option in all but one airplane. exactly the same as a pin switch except you already have everything you need to make it work, don't have to buy anything else.

camss69

70cc twin V2
you can also just use an external jack and use a bind plug to switch the RX on and off.. I use this option in all but one airplane. exactly the same as a pin switch except you already have everything you need to make it work, don't have to buy anything else.

This is what the JR DMSS power safe receivers come with. (Bind plug style instead of the switch)

M

Matt

I know it comes with the bind plug style. I know some are using the actual soft switch and some are using the pin and flag switch. when it comes to the switch I am a firm believer in KISS method and just use the most simple effective method possible. no need for the extra weight or possible failure point.

I'm using DMSS power safe Rx's as well. They are bullet proof. As far as balancing the battery packs? There is nothing inside the Rx to balance the packs (keeping voltage equal). I have used a soft switch as well as the bind plug style "switch" that is included. A pin N flag is virtually the same thing as the soft switch or bind plug style switch. If the switch fails, it fails closed (ON), which would basically be unplugging the switch from the Rx with the batteries plugged into the Rx.

If you want to go super simple, leave the switch out, and remove the canopy and plug/unplug the Rx packs. :)

With power safe Rx's, you are eliminating 2-3 points of failures........

A two wire switch that breaks the circuit is all that is needed. I know many that use a pin switch. The reciever does pull down the batteries equally when in use.