• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Petitioning AMA members for separation from drones

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
The recent requirement for ALL RC aircraft and drone operators to register with the FAA has caused quite a stir within our community. It is clear to me that if we have any hope at all of advocating for our hobby to remain as it has for many decades, we all need to put our minor differences of opinions aside and band together in order to have as large a voice as possible. I started an online petition at change.org to advocate for the distinct separation of traditional model aircraft and drones, which many believe have fundamentally changed our hobby (and its reputation to the general public) in the scant few years of their existence. The recent requirements to register with the FAA are just the beginning of many more restrictions to be added in the future. We MUST stand united to fight for the hobby we have all enjoyed for many years in order to continue to enjoy it in the future and to pass it along to our future generations.

Please follow the link and sign the petition .

https://www.change.org/p/ama-members...iation-and-ama

Regards,

Astro

Bipeguy03

150cc
Signed and shared to my Facebook page. I think whether you are against registering or not we need to let people know we aren't going to be pushed around!!

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
probably a govmt plot to find all us airplane pilots that dont want to be identified... maybe?

to hell with it, signed!