• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Edge

Hey Guys,
I'm thinking about buying a used PAU 30%Edge from a friend of mine. I wanting to see if this plane would be good to fly in an Basic IMAC event. I new to IMAC. Can anyone give advice?

thurmma

150cc
I believe he is referencing flying IMAC with his 30%. The Edge will fly IMAC just fine. For Basic you can fly anything you want. I have seen 1.20 size glow planes flying in the Basic class and doing well! If it is windy, you will get thrown around more, but that is where the learning happens real fast. A lot of people, myself included, have never used their rudder a lot. You WILL USE YOUR RUDDER flying IMAC :)

I am going to be flying Sportsman class this year in the South Central region and can't wait for the season to start :) Good luck!

Thanks, I've got a BME Yak 50cc and 28% Wild Hare I've been trying to get dialed in for next summer. Thought I would get this one Bind and fly to get practicing. Am planning on going to the IMAC judging class at Muncie in April so I have a better understanding of what I'll need to work on.

sweetpea

100cc
That plane is fine for IMAC. I've seen many fly that and the PAU (BME) Yak. I would use it from Basic through Sportsman. Get comfortable with the plane and unknowns. Smaller planes you just fly a touch closer and lower so you can see what it is doing easier (same for judges).

thurmma

150cc
@heliperry, you may find that the Yak will fly more axial lines easier than the Edge. It will also stall easier. The Edge takes some practice to get it to stall consistently. The key word when getting the Edge to stall is PATIENCE and lots of it :)