• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Old compressor died!

tailskid

70cc twin V2
Sad to say, but my 40+ year old mini compressor died.....it was small, not too noisy and kept my spray gun spitting out beautiful results....so I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 'Hot Dog' 3 gallon compressor. Fixed up all the connections and bingo - it works for about 40 -50 seconds when it runs out of air! I'm running the gun at 40PSI and it drops to 5-10 PSI in that 40-50 second interval.

I'm going to paint a GS P-47 TF ARC and it is a lot bigger that 40-50 second paint job!

Open to suggestions....

Thanks,

Jerry

VolinFlyer

New to GSN!
There is a very important spec to look at when buying a compressor. CFM per minute at a given psi. I believe I found the compressor you bought and the specs are poor and it says not recommended for hobby paint spraying. Hopefully they will let you exchange it.

Attachments

• hot dog.PNG
    hot dog.PNG
    232.1 KB · Views: 497

tailskid

70cc twin V2
I will definitely keep that in mind! Maybe I should hit Lowes or Home Depot instead of Harbor Freight.

WMcNabb

150cc
See if you can find the specs for your spray gun.
I bought an inexpensive gun, but it pushes my compressor hard, not the pressure, but the volume, as in 10 cfm.