• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

O.S. GGT10 10cc Gasoline Engine & Muffler

SleepyC

150cc
motor.jpg

GGT10 Gasoline Engine & Muffler

The advantages of gasoline power for .40-size aircraft.
For modelers wanting the convenience of gasoline power for their .40-size airplane, O.S. offers the GGT10. Glow plug ignition makes this engine easier to start — along with reducing overall weight by eliminating the ignition module. It performs well using affordable unleaded gasoline, and the PD-08 pump regulates fuel flow for consistent delivery throughout the flight. Plus, it can be retrofitted in the same space as popular AX glow engines. For powering mid-size aircraft efficiently and economically, the GGT10 is the ideal choice.

• Easy, glow-driver starting eliminates the added cost and extra weight of ignition modules and batteries.
  • Offers the easy availability and welcome affordability of common unleaded gasoline.
  • Included PD-08 regulating pump ensures consistent fuel flow and top performance regardless of tank position, attitude or altitude.
  • Runs on an inexpensive 50:1 gasoline/oil blend.
  • Tough Tygon® fuel line between pump and carb features an inline filter that removes impurities.
  • PowerBoost Pipe improves performance at idle, full-throttle and all points in-between.
  • Includes muffler mounting hardware, drive hub, prop nut and washer.
  • Forged steel conrod features needle bearings at the bottom.
  • Same mount size as the 46AX and 55AX for easy retrofits.

Stock Number: OSMG1510
Displacement: 0.594 in (9.73 cc)
Bore: 0.945 in (24.0 mm)
Stroke: 0.846 in (21.5 mm)
Rpm Range: 2000–11000
Output: 1.58 hp @ 10,000 rpm
Total Weight: 19.8 oz (561 g)
• Engine: 15.97 oz (453 g)
• Muffler: 3.81 oz (108 g)
Includes: G5 glow plug, E-3071 muffler, PD-08 pump & Tygon fuel line w/inline filter
Requires: unleaded gasoline, 2-stroke oil & propeller
Suggested Props: 12x7, 12x8, 12x9, 13x6, 13x7 & 13x8

More info: HERE

pawnshopmike

Staff member
The little 10cc and 15cc engines are pretty cool in theory and I've been tempted to give one a try. But I think brushless/LiPo pretty well dominates in this size category now.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Thats the only thing keeping me from trying one, the price . Too bad, I think alot of people would switch to gas if it was reasonable. Would take roughly 1300 flights before the savings were made up from glo.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I want one. Looks like a 55AX with a pump and big carb on it. Be willing to give one a try on one of my 40 size slabs.
Let us know how it is and if its worth it. I'll admit I still have quite a lot of love for my slimers sitting in the corner.

Bipeguy03

150cc
the biggest problem and it seems to be OS in general is the freaking cost! you can have a DLE20 or this little .40 size engine! does that make sense to anyone??? even the OS 60cc is nearly the cost of a DA100!

Yup, That's why when I flew glow all the time I had Super Tigre Engines.. The good O.S engines were always to much, especially when 5-10% glow fuel is up to $23 a gallon!