• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

New Slick 540 30cc and 50cc

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
The Slicks are finally here and we already started shipping. This is the first time we have both 30cc and 50cc version of a new release together, and with a totally of 4 color schemes to choose from. We are very happy with the way they came out. To give you first hand look of the 50cc Slick. We had one built and already maidened it last week. Even we made this one based on the our previous Slick, which is a proven deisgn, the improve in overall quality and the SFG made a huge difference. We are working to get a flight video coming. For the time being here are some ground and in flight pictures.

SK540-V2-50CC_G_1.jpg
SK540-V2-50CC_G_4.jpg
SK540-V2-50CC_G_6.jpg
SK540-V2-50CC_G_9.jpg
SK540-V2-50CC_G_10.jpg
SK540-V2-50CC_G_21.jpg
SK540-V2-50CC_G_23.jpg
SK540-V2-50CC_G_8.jpg
SK540-V2-50CC_G_15.jpg

As like our new airplanes, this Slick comes with all the control surfaces pre-glued except the rudder. This takes out a chunk of the built time spent on gluing and holding to make sure the hinges would work properly. That's been taken care of. Also the planes come with fuel tank pre-plumbed and installed. So that would save you some 30 mins of work if you decide to go with the stock fuel tank. And of course the SFG would further increase its stability in slow flights and knife edge maneuver. Please checkout our site for the other color schemes and the 30cc version.

Before we have the flight video ready , here is the open box video presented by Pete:
[video=youtube;dc9JZ1Y2I6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc9JZ1Y2I6k[/video]

Really thinking bout pulling the trigger on this one it's down to this and the red wing silk been building one of them for a buddy they have lot of. Similar things but the pics but I like the new v2 stuff aerobeez has with fiberglass wheel pants and the glued hinges an so on

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got my 30cc version all finished and ready for the maiden!

Took a little time tonight to seal all the hinges with some clear ultracote... And since I had it out, I went ahead and put a strip down the leading edge of each wing, and over all the corners of the black ultracote. Figured better safe than sorry with the all the peeling black going around on many of the ARFs these days.
I'm sure it would have been fine, but a little ounce of prevention....

Also put a little vinyl on to spice her up! Whatcha think?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386565259.967919.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386565291.966872.jpg

Oh yeah, check out this prop gap! Cutting it too close?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386565334.099946.jpg