• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

NEW DLE IGNITIONS CAN NOW ACCEPT UP TO 8.4 volts!!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So my new DLE-111 v3 came with an ignition that states "WORKING VOLTAGE 4.8 TO 8.4V" So after referring to the manual.... I realized the manual was out of date (lol)... Referring to other manuals for newer dle motors (DLE-35RA etc...) it shows we can now run 2 cell lipos direct! This is great news for those of us that don't want to use a regulator and down it to 6v! I also verified this with [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] and sure enough he is running 2c lipos unregulated to the ignition and says he has never had a problem. I'm super excited about this new news (maybe just new to me... lol) and so I quickly installed my new 2 Cell Dinogy Lipo from [MENTION=3145]MarkF[/MENTION] on my 35% Extra 260!

photo (3).JPG

JUST AN FYI the DLE 35ra states this!

DLE Electronic Ignition
Enjoy hassle-free starts with the DLE electronic ignition system — now able to handle voltages from 4.8V to 12V, with redesigned circuitry and software for improved idle and throttle transition.

12 Volts!!! WOW

Let me know if you have been running unregulated lipos to your DLE ignitions and what your experience has been like!

WARNING: THIS IS JUST FOR THE NEWER DLE IGINITIONS!!!! PLEASE CONSULT YOUR MANUAL!!!!

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 422

SnowDog

yep - I noticed that same thing when I unboxed my DLE-35RA a few months back...very cool not to have to limit to 6v just for the ignition!

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
My new DLE 61 ignition has the same printed on it. Just looking around to see who is using unregulated lipos