• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Needed Advise from my GSN forum Friends!

tylerzx9r

100cc
I need some advise please! As most of you know I am building (in the finishing stages) a Great Kit designed by Terrycustom called a Viper-ST. Before taking this project on (HUGE Thanks to Terry and Lori!) I had spoken with Terry on all the things I would need to purchase for the kit ( wing tubes, landing gear, and such). I did as I was recommended to do and got the items required ordered. This was way back in DECEMBER! I had to wait some time for certain things to arrive, in which a few items ended up getting shipped directly to Terry for his keeping because he was kind enough to allow mw to take his until my stuff arrived. One of the items required was a set of Main Gear from Graphtech, I ordered the gear through another great friend because I do not have credit cards and only use cash. I have been waiting on this gear since December 5,2014 it is now APRIL! We have sent emails to find out what the status is, in which they have replied. In February the response was the gear was all laid up but he was waiting for that weekend to clear them, then he would ship them out. Since this time we still have no gear, and I again have emailed them with no response! I am not bashing the company, I know they produce a great product, I am upset with the service, but have no idea why there is no response, for instance maybe... a health issue... not sure just would like to know. If anything else, return my funds and I will go elsewhere to purchase my items. Do any of you know this company? Is there any other way to contact them? I would like to have the gear ready when I cover and so now I turn to you all for advise?

SleepyC

150cc
I have heard many stories that Graphtech orders can take quite a while...

If it ends up being just too much, check out TNT landing gear. They have carbon and Aluminum and his aluminum is not much heavier at all and doesn't break!
:D

BalsaDust

I think it is a lost cause and think you should just pack up the entire plane and send it to me for proper disposal. Wouldn't want you to have a bad taste in your mouth everytime you look at the plane and see no gear on it. LOL just kidding I know nothing about them as Im still new to giant scale but if sleepy says its been known for them to take a while I would take his word for it. Maybe try calling again.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
They don't advertise their phone on the website I see......but they can be found registered on other business sites. Double check, but this should be them. Give them a call!!

Graph Tech Rc
21711 Winsome Rose Court
Cypress, TX 77433 - View Map
Phone: (832) 335-0328
Web: www.graphtechrcshop.com

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
For myself if I want graphtech gear I call up TNT as the carbon gear that they stock is made by graphtech. That way if they don't have it, you know to look elsewhere instead of ordering direct. Last set I ordered was close to three months.....I can build two airplanes in three months so the heck with that.

In the future I'm going to be using Pilot RC gear for all carbon and TNT for all aluminum.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I ordered some gear from them once and was told they were in stock ready to ship, then a week later they were in the mold, then a week later there being cleared. That went on for awhile. I did talk them into a great discount on some stab tubes and carbon fiber wheel pants for my wait. I made the guy go and physically lay hands on them to make sure they were really in stock this time.

I was very happy with the product by the way.

Husker

50cc
A few years ago I had an order that I cancelled after 8 months. "being cleared" is what they told me around the 3 month point. If I were you I'd cut my losses and order something that is in stock somewhere and make it work.