Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Need advice on Balsa 1/3 scale Super Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Dave1953, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Does anyone out there that has built a Balsa 1/3 SC and took photos of the build help me with step 10 on the wing build concerning the placement of the 5/16" X 3/4" X 2 1/4" spruce piece that glues to the spar ? I am legally blind and just can't see the "B-B" section on the wing plans good enough to figure out where this piece goes. Any help appreciated.

Dave

2. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Post some photos here of the plans and we'll figure it out.

3. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    What he said!!!

4. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

Does this help? 000_0359.JPG

acerc and pawnshopmike like this.

6. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

dhal22 and acerc like this.
  7. I have checked it out and it will help me tremendously but can you confirm that the aforementioned 2 1/4" spruce is glued to the spar on either side between the 2 metal straps? Remember, I am operating on about 25% of normal sight and blind in the other eye.
    Dave

8. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

9. TonyHallo

TonyHallo 70cc twin V2

Yes you are correct, it is glued to the spar and provides wood for the strap bolt.

10. Thank you. I understand now.