• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Motor Compatability

Hey guys, I have an extra NIB Omega 130gr that I purchased from 3DHS. I was wondering if this motor would be ok to use in the 48" size planes that EF puts out?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey guys, I have an extra NIB Omega 130gr that I purchased from 3DHS. I was wondering if this motor would be ok to use in the 48" size planes that EF puts out?

IMO, it will work ok on a 4s setup with a 12x6 or 13x5 prop. The caveat being the recommended torque motor is a little heavier than the Omega, so you might need a heavier battery, or will need to have your battery far under the cowl.

hone

150cc
I used the 130 in a 48'' Edge from EF. I worked OK with 14x7 on 3s and 12x6 on 4s but i wouldn't put a 13'' prop on it on 4s. It'll work but it won't be insane power, i prefer a motrofly that can swing a 13 or 14'' prop on 4s.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Like Gyro I'd suspect that you might struggle i bit to get proper balance especially on the EF Edge (the Laser would be ok, not sure about the MXS and Extra). A big battery would solve the CG issue but might leave you a little lacking in zip with the small motor having to haul a big battery around.

Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like if I decide to go with this airframe I would be better off to get a different motor.