• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

mixing and differential on my twisted hobbys 32" edge with a dx8

wedoitall

aight fellers, got my dx8 today. and was wondering if you guys could hook a honky up one more time with some help. can you lead me in the right direction on at least a basic setup on mixing and if i need it , differential on my edge epp with a dx8?

any and all help is greatly appreciate. ill owe yas one.

oh yea and i think i got a decent grasp on throttle curve but just wanna make sure on it too.

njswede

150cc
Well, you're not going to be able to program any differential on the TH edge since it has a single aileron servo. Differential only works when you have a separate servo for each aileron.

The good news is that you don't need any differential. If you look at the dual servo arm for the aileron servo, the "prongs" are bent forward a bit, which actually mechanically gives you the differential you need. This is how they did it in the olden days before computer radios.

The only mix you may need is a knife-edge mix. If you need to hold elevator and/or aileron to keep it in stable knife edge flight, you may need some mixing. But before you've checked that, you don't really need to worry about mixing.

Others are more qualified than me to tell you about throttle curve, but in my opinion you don't need it. Just go with a linear curve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Because of the epp material's tendency to flex with temp change and the frequency that added welders glue usually hits these planes, programming any mixes would be a waste of time IMO.

They are awesome planes, and when balanced well, they should be just fine!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Remember these planes are inexpensive, they are not made for precision.. Now on balsa planes, KE mixing is just as important as your trim. Ke mixing should be considered part of your trim.

wedoitall

cool . make things simplier for a noob.

planning on gettting a balsa setup round th efirst of the year. depends on how i progress with this.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
The crack series are awesome.. I never flew the edge, but on my yak I had to really dial down the rudder to get it to feel right. Start with medium throws then work up to the most you can while feeling in control! You'll have a blast! Make sure you have tons of batteries and a parallel charge cable!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
For the jst I just got parallel cables, but the boards are awesome too!

I use the boards for my large packs since they are rated usually 30a on the deans.

I think I got a 6x parallel jst and 6x balance cable for around $12 or so, a few people sell them! I charge 6 3s 450 packs in less than 20 minutes! Very handy with the crack! You'll understand the crack name after you start blasting through packs! In fact, typing all this makes me want to go burn off a few packs of crack myself this morning! :)