• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Suggestion Marking a Classified Item Sold??

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
What is best way to mark an item listed on the classified as SOLD? I have edited the post and also the post header..but should there not be an easier way (button) to mark an item SOLD?

bobzilla

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
as it is now, the classifieds are another forum area and so there isn't any custom functionality to make it all work. we've considered expirations and other details but for now it's a forums area so what you've done is about it.

we're compiling a new list of tweaks and when we're done bringing our other site up to the format of this one then both will be tweaked to reflect the improvements suggested by you guys.

bart

Last edited:
Pretty simple.... Once the item sells, mark it sold, leave it up another day, and then delete the ad. I know it is kind of double work, but it is effective.

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
Can you show me the "mark it sold" button"?
I know... not s'posed to feed the trolls, but this one seems hungry:

Look at the bottom of your for sale post and use your pointing device (mouse) and click on the 'Edit' link. When the edit field displays, use your pointing device (mouse) and insert the cursor (the blinky thing) in front of the post text. Using your keyboard (that big flat thing with all of the lettered buttons attached to you computer), press the 'S' botton, then the 'O' button, then the 'L' button, then the 'D' button, then the '!' button, then use your pointing device (mouse) to click on the 'Save Edit' button. It's kinda complicated, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Seriously... give the admins here a break. There're doing a super job and have other priorities at the moment. Give them a little time and they will do their best to make your life easier.

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
Guys...I KNOW HOW TO ADD SOLD in ad. I just am suggesting that they make a sold button and also the ability to search for non-sold classified. SlowHuck..thx for the troll report.

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
Guys...I KNOW HOW TO ADD SOLD in ad. I just am suggesting that they make a sold button and also the ability to search for non-sold classified.
See Bartman's reply above. Your request is on his radar. Adding that simple bit of functionality is more complicated than you may think. Give him time.
SlowHuck..thx for the troll report.
You're welcomed.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
@Bartman; It might be a quick fix to add 'SOLD!' in the list of post title prefixes on the classifies forums.
i was thinking about that actually, i can do that.
and, imho, it is good to have a repository of old ads with actual sold prices so we can all keep track of the market on different items. same as doing a search of completed listings on eBay. and as far as expiration dates, i've found that some ads will sit for a long time but eventually someone comes along and makes an offer or asks about things so maybe not letting them expire and go away is better?

the sold tag might be the best solution and the simplest.
bart