• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Looking for some Vyper Bipe info...

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Ok well my vyper bipe found terra firma this afternoon. LOL Low altitude failed funnel hover resulting in a minor cartwheel. :( Oh well when you play near the ground you are going to break one once in a while. Broke lower carbon wing tube, fiberglass receiver for said wing tube broke away from balsa, firewall off the end of motor box, a tear in covering where wing bent back after breaking tube and various cracks of balsa. All pretty easily repairable. Very happy that the plane took a pretty good bounce with only minor damage. Well built design in my opinion on that front.

Ok so I don't see carbon tubes on 3dhs website for byper as a spare part that I can order unless I missed it. I am sure that tube is used on another airframe. Anyone know which that might be? (I did send the guys at the shop an email on this as well)

2nd What color is the White covering? Since i am going to have to fix/patch that hole. LOL

Thanks in advance for any info all. Time to head downstairs armed with CA to at least get the various cracked balsa pieces back in 1 piece.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok well my vyper bipe found terra firma this afternoon. LOL Low altitude failed funnel hover resulting in a minor cartwheel. :( Oh well when you play near the ground you are going to break one once in a while. Broke lower carbon wing tube, fiberglass receiver for said wing tube broke away from balsa, firewall off the end of motor box, a tear in covering where wing bent back after breaking tube and various cracks of balsa. All pretty easily repairable. Very happy that the plane took a pretty good bounce with only minor damage. Well built design in my opinion on that front.

Ok so I don't see carbon tubes on 3dhs website for byper as a spare part that I can order unless I missed it. I am sure that tube is used on another airframe. Anyone know which that might be? (I did send the guys at the shop an email on this as well)

2nd What color is the White covering? Since i am going to have to fix/patch that hole. LOL

Thanks in advance for any info all. Time to head downstairs armed with CA to at least get the various cracked balsa pieces back in 1 piece.

The white is the standard ultracote white I believe.
I suspect the cf tube is same or similar to 41 edge or 42 slick. If you can get measurements, I might even have one that would fit.

G

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Thanks Gary on the ultracote. Checked my 42 tube and it's too small. Same diameter as tube for the 48 edge it's just shorter. Lol. I'll measure length a bit later.