• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

LAZER 94" Maiden

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@DB4SPD Did a super job over a 3 year span of scratching out a time honored design of the old Lazer 200.

Modified wingspan of 94" and oversized flight control surfaces has made a tame pussy cat (and more than likely a low/slow 3D machine!) of one of the more "squirley" replications and derivative of the famous Stephens Acro.
Retained is that beautiful mug and steroid cheeks (ugly to a lot) up front for copious amounts of air to rush in and the basic Lazer look but a swept canopy for a fearsome forcesome mean bull dog attitude.
Just a little peak of the base flight and well mannered handling of this awesome model.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Nice job on the airplane...was it a kit or scratch from plans? i like that racer style canopy, easy to see how that's what a new Laser would have based on what a lot of other planes have done in that style.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Nice job on the airplane...was it a kit or scratch from plans? i like that racer style canopy, easy to see how that's what a new Laser would have based on what a lot of other planes have done in that style.

Bart,

@DB4SPD Scratched it from modified plans. He needs to chime in on this so I can just be his "pit bitch" and not his secretary.lol

DB4SPD

30cc
It amazes me that the outlines of this model was drawn on paper in the mid 70s and if you pull measurements off this model and compare wing root and tip/ tail group shape to the current 50CC edge you will find them almost a copy. Just goes to show old Leo L. had his sh1t together before his unfortunate motor cycle accident.
However for a prototype scratch build that was the most comfortable feeling airplane design I have flown to date and as ol 49dimes well knows we have tried every conceivable known aerobatic airframe available. Thanks to the old Lazer 200! who would have thought.
I have to thank the original fathers of the model Wayne Ulery and Bob Godfrey which I used a combination of their plans. Also my almost life long friend and engine tune GURU 49dimes for the many Marlboro cigarette filled nites in the shop wondering what the outcome would be. Now we know brother.
BTW we need to get a better video camera, hint, hint.