• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR 9503 to 8FG Super

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Hey guys, not looking to start a war here, but I am debating about making the jump from JR to Futaba.

I currently own a JR9503X Heli version and to my dismay they have discontinued it on the Horizon Hobby Website. I guess to me this says that the radio will soon be meeting its end elsewhere as well. I would like to continue on with the most current features and latest technology. I am not interested in Spektrum even though its compatible, nor am I too enthused with the new JR DMSS stuff as it seems like this technology is changing once a year, and now is not capable of backwards compatibility.

I have been thinking the 8FG Super for the fact that it has all of the features that I would need (i.e. expandable memory, telemetry, 14ch.), and of course, because my hero Joe Smith uses one! I would have to make the switch on the RX end as well which could be a messy process.

So in your opinion would the change be a good thing? What are the potential pitfalls I may face with the transition? Should I fly the JR until the warranty is up and then make the move?

I also fly plankers for the most part, but have one heli. Should I choose the heli version because of the minority in my fleet or is it really the same radio for both?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: