• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR 9503, Programming a Mix

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
There's a couple of full scale planes that do it but like Terry said, you're inducing wash-in and asking for a tip stall.

I figured this out on the 11X for someone but it would take some real tinkering to do on a 9503

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i'm not sure how but I think I got it. When I use the monitor function with the mix active, the monitor shows the two flap servos moving with the flap lever and the two aileron servos moving in the same direction proportionate to the flap deflection. I've got to go to my in-laws' for a few hours (doh!!) but I'll try to explain it later this evening.

I called Horizon today and the wait time was over an hour. :(

will have to try again tomorrow.
Listen to options. They have a call back service. Told me an hour wait. I was home so I gave them my number. Got a call back in 15 minutes.

I don't think the 9503 can do what you want. That 2 aileron per wing stuff came out with the 11X. Now it is in Spektrums as well.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
The trick is in not misinterpreting the Flaperons label in the mix menu. When you first select the wing type the manual says to use NORMAL for a wing with two aileron servos on two channels or ailerons and flaps with four servos. There is a FLAPERON option but the manual says not to use that.

Later when you go to program the mix, you set your flaps channel (i used the lower flap channel of the two that are in use) as the Master and when you go to select the Slave channel, there's a Flaperon option which is confusing because you're prone to think back to wing type selection which would be wrong (but that's what I did at first). Choosing the Flaperons as the Slave in the mix made the individual aileron servos extend as the flaps were extended which is what I was shooting for.

There's more to it as far as the other settings in the mix go but I don't have the radio in front of me right now but I've got it working and as soon as I have the servos all mounted in the wings I'll make a video explaining it.

It's like they programmed it into the radio but because the manual doesn't explain it (or mixes in general for that matter) it seems like it probably isn't possible but I'm happy to say it is!