• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR 14 XG changing model

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Hey all

I've noticed that when I want to change the model on my TX, I need to bind the RX again with the new model.
It seems you can't change model without doing that...is it right or do I have something wrong ?

The set up is, 1 RX on 1 plane, the models are, once the plane is IMAC once its 3D.

ryan_m

100cc
You shouldn't have to do that. As long each of your models is in it's own slot, and you aren't changing or copying to/from an SD card, or copying from one slot to another you shouldn't have to do that. As I understand it, the binding is to a model slot, so as long as the slots don't change, then they shouldn't lose the bind. I have about 10 models setup currently, and each is in their own slot.

I have the XG11 and only bind them one time, during the setup. To change models on mine I hold down the wheel when I turn the radio on, and then go to model select and pick the one I want. Then press the enter button to get to the main flying screen. Then turn the plane on, and everything links up perfectly.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Hey all

I've noticed that when I want to change the model on my TX, I need to bind the RX again with the new model.
It seems you can't change model without doing that...is it right or do I have something wrong ?

The set up is, 1 RX on 1 plane, the models are, once the plane is IMAC once its 3D.
Keep in mind that you are binding the RX to that setup, so when you go to a different model and not a different RX, you will have to rebind.

ryan_m

100cc
I may have misunderstood based on what Eric wrote, Tazmanian Devil, are you moving the rx from plane to plane to fly each time? Or do you have two different rx's, one in each plane?

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
One RX on one plane. I just change the model in the TX.
So when I wNt to fly IMAC it's one and when I want 3D it's the second.
I used to do that with my 8 FG with no problem. But here it wants to bind every time I change the model.

ryan_m

100cc
That makes perfect sense then, the rx is bound to the model slot of your tx. So when changing models, you are changing model slots as well. And thus causing the rebind.

Have you considered using flight modes? Configure it with flight modes, and then within each flight mode you will still have the ability to have high/medium/low rates, and all other configurable type stuff. It's made for doing just what you are doing with yours... have one flight mode for 3d, and another for IMAC. Then fine tune all the rates within each flight mode to be what you like. Mixes, etc, can all be unique to each flight mode I believe.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was just one plane we were talking about here.

Yes, that will have to rebound each time. The model that you have selected has a unique GUID code. Then when you switch models, that code is not transferred to the next model, of having the same Rx.

Same airplane, same Rx, just 2 programs (models) in the same radio?