• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

is there different versions of the dx8?

wedoitall

saw on another thread here a chart where they tested the speed of Tx's. on the results their were 2 different test 11ms(which is what they advertise) and 22ms. i ran across a guy that wants to sell me a used dx8. its a pretty decent deal but i just wanna make sure that its 11ms 2048 resolution. any helpl is greatly appreciated, as i need to make up my mind in the next hour or so.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Yep, they all have the 2048 resolution and 11ms frame rate, you need a suitable Rx and digital servos to exploit it though.

The early version of the DX8 were subject to a couple of service bulletins which potentially may require the Tx to be returned for updating. It's worth checking the 'PID' number to make sure that the guy's Tx isn't effected or if it is that it's been checked out already. The service bulletins and effected PID numbers are on horizon's site: http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Support.aspx?ProdId=SPM8800#bulletin