• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Instrument Panel

sweetpea

100cc
Go to Chief. Look at some full scale cockpit panels. Save it as file and put it in Powerpoint. Measure the length of your model cockpit area and try to get it the same size and print in B/W low res to save on ink. Then test fit it. Usually takes 3 tries for me to get it right. Then print it out on good quality color paper and glue in place!

FREEEEEEEEE! that way Oh, and you can modify it as well with Plane names, IMAC routines, magazines, modify colors etc etc etc

Rich, you have several options. What sweetie says is definitely one way.
You can also go to the Extreme Flight Website, and they sell them ready to install.
Or, you can also go to B&E website, they sell the vinyl stickers, and they sell instrument panel stickers.
You can also make the instrument panel out of balsa, takes some time, but it can be very light, or you can make it out of foam. Lots of options.
let me see if i can post some pictures.

You can use this one as well, just print it, and adjust the size as sweet-pea mentioned:
instrument panel 3.jpg

here is how i made one out of foam, balsa sheeting, and the vinyl sticker from B&E graphics....
IMG_6408.JPG
IMG_6409.JPG
IMG_6632.JPG
IMG_6633.JPG
IMG_6634.JPG

this is almost ready....
IMG_6643.JPG

i was concerned that the vinyl could come off over time, so i made a plexiglass cover for it.

IMG_6721.JPG

WMcNabb

150cc
Garmin, JPI and others have great images too for those who think your cap'n should be flying glass!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Thanks! We'll see what shapes up. Should have the Laser by the end of the month...can't wait!