• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC at small field

hbollier

70cc twin V2
There is a building interest in IMAC at my local field but not sure if we have enough room for the larger planes as we have some overflight limitations, Neighbors and a hi way.

So really, the question is could we get a competition sanctioned but limit entry size? Or should we just have a "practice" competition for any local fliers interested.

30cc may be OK, 50cc may be pushing the envelope.

Any suggestions welcomed.

sweetpea

100cc
You have alot of options. I don't think you can limit plane size realistically. Most IMAC guys are 100cc or larger. What you can do though is make the footprint smaller. I would talk with your Regional Contest Director to see your options. I've flown contests where the rolling circle was removed and maneuvers where placed on one side of the field only so the footprint was manageable.

Important thing is once you finalize everything and get your sanction that you advertise the "limitations" early so prospective contestants know the "rules"

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
I am in Baton Rouge. Maybe we can find a larger field. I know the BRRCC field in Irwinville is big enough. Maybe we can get ok to use that field?? I know there was once an IMAC event in New Iberia. Any of those guys lurking around here??

BTW Orthobird is in Shreveport, about 4-1/2 hours away.

Yes, New Iberia is well known for IMAC. South Central pilots really liked going there, from what i hear, and some say they wish they would host again!!

The club that is across the river near Port Arthur (?) had an IMAC contest several years ago. It is a nice field and plenty of space for any size of plane. Contact Tommy Golson in the Baton Rouge area for more information. I would definitely make the contest if you were to put one on as I am in Vicksburg just up the river!!

hbollier

70cc twin V2
OK, so at orthobird's suggestion, I will be attending judging school this weekend in Sherman. We had about 5 interested at our club meeting last night and we know of at least two more who would be interested in putting something together. I will quiz Doug this weekend for suggestions. Thanks for all the suggestions and support. Looking forward to getting involved and doing some flying.

Awesome!
Here is my take on the field question... I would see if you could get a couple seasoned IMAC pilots to stop by and take a look and go from there...
Pushing an IMAC contest into a field that is not "right" for it is really just asking for trouble.......
Yes we do have an ACS.... but there is no denying some fly big... I'm guilty.. I know...

I have been to more than one contest that while it was the best intentions, I would not return as the field is just not appropriate......

So again, I'm thinking see if someone that competes can stop by and take a peak.... could turn it into an impromptu IMAC practice day if there are more than a couple guys.....