• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I JUST GOT TO HAVE THAT!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
To keep myself from going totally brain dead and burnt on the same ol' choo- choo's while digesting my favorite meal of choice. I pondered the future just a tad about what might be. There have been some astonishing advancements in the technology realms that darn right fascinate me and it makes me wonder how it may eventually play in to the wonderful world of radio control. As I have stated elsewhere "creativities first obstacle is acceptance". With that said; what are some of my fellow r/c enthusiasts thoughts on what may be drummed up for us to "I JUST GOT TO HAVE THAT!"

Let me start by my thoughts......

No more receivers! (What!!!) Yea, no more! How about servos that only need to communicate with the transmitter?? COOL!! huh? Just think....Only need to send power their way! (and oh the ideas I have there but I want to hear yours!) P.S. Not trying to obtain intellectual property here. Just your thoughts!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
A servo driven battery rack to adjust cg off a switch . moves 1/2-4" fore/aft in flight or programmed for specific locations for precision to 3d manouvers and back to nose heavy for landing. Save a lot of time getting cg balance perfect also.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
To keep myself from going totally brain dead and burnt on the same ol' choo- choo's while digesting my favorite meal of choice. I pondered the future just a tad about what might be. There have been some astonishing advancements in the technology realms that darn right fascinate me and it makes me wonder how it may eventually play in to the wonderful world of radio control. As I have stated elsewhere "creativities first obstacle is acceptance". With that said; what are some of my fellow r/c enthusiasts thoughts on what may be drummed up for us to "I JUST GOT TO HAVE THAT!"

Let me start by my thoughts......

No more receivers! (What!!!) Yea, no more! How about servos that only need to communicate with the transmitter?? COOL!! huh? Just think....Only need to send power their way! (and oh the ideas I have there but I want to hear yours!) P.S. Not trying to obtain intellectual property here. Just your thoughts!
You really aren't too vocal sometimes, but boy when you brain storm, it is a KO. Love the idea of receiverless communication. Sliding battery tray would be awesome and actually has been done on an individual basis. It is "hella-cool". Know what I want to see? I want to see fuel injection on our gassers. Now we all know EVO is doing it on some of their motors. And from what I understand, having pretty good success. But to have a "Fuel injected, four cylinder 3W Red Jugged CSTS Motor? HO...sana!!!!! "Gimmie the pen, where do I sign?"

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
2nd fuel injection on these !
I've drawn up and made a manually adjustable rack but no gold yet. Too heavy, too clunky lookin.. So far.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
2nd fuel injection on these !

EFI with direct injection and communication to the transmitter!! Think about it. Every thing is communicating with every one and every thing these days. Your home central heat pump and air conditoners communicate now wireless. It will even call you to tell you to drop another 1000 which could have been spent on an engine!!lol.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
EFI with direct injection and communication to the transmitter!! Think about it. Every thing is communicating with every one and every thing these days. Your home central heat pump and air conditoners communicate now wireless. It will even call you to tell you to drop another 1000 which could have been spent on an engine!!lol.
I have those numbers blocked. :laughing:

-Rick-

100cc
No more receivers! (What!!!) Yea, no more! How about servos that only need to communicate with the transmitter?? COOL!! huh? Just think....Only need to send power their way! (and oh the ideas I have there but I want to hear yours!) P.S. Not trying to obtain intellectual property here. Just your thoughts![/QUOTE]

Or a receiver that doesn't need wires to "talk" to the servos. Small low powered receiver in each servo tuned to the main receiver. And a wireless power supply for servos!

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
EFI for the gassers and smaller, higher MAh batteries to get those long flight times without adding the weight!

Patroller

70cc twin V2
How about an extremely accurate GPS and autopilot system that creates an effective hard deck and flying area. You draw your boundaries on a map on your tablet and set it to maintain a minimum elevation of say 10 feet and the plane would automatically correct any pilot incorrectly pointing the plane at the pitts, or even bring the plane back to do a slow circle in the middle of the flying field if something happened to the radio connection.