• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I feel kind embarrased

TopSpin

New to GSN!
I have a Quiet Storm that I will be refurbishing in the near future. I was going to post a little blog about it but then I saw these blogs of guys building 100cc IMAA legal 3D stuff and I feel like a loser with my litlle 43" electric. I think this site is for the big boys and not for hacks like me.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have a Quiet Storm that I will be refurbishing in the near future. I was going to post a little blog about it but then I saw these blogs of guys building 100cc IMAA legal 3D stuff and I feel like a loser with my litlle 43" electric. I think this site is for the big boys and not for hacks like me.

Would love to read about your refurb!
Btw, just one year ago I got my first balsa, a 41" Edge!

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
I have a Quiet Storm that I will be refurbishing in the near future.

That Quiet Storm was a good flying plane. Generally the Fliton planes were aerodynamically very sound.

I feel like a loser with my litlle 43" electric.

I guess I am only slightly less of a loser since I like the 48" planes.

I love the 40-45 class size planes. They fit in the car assembled, use inexpensive batteries and are generally pretty affordable. You also have to worry a lot less about how much damage they can do, so overall they are a lot of fun.

Hey I fly the big stuff but still enjoy watching the smaller stuff fly too. Do your blog. Not everybody wants into GS planes. Dennis

This site is really about the fun of the hobby and being able to share it with others. The size of the plane doesn't affect that at all. Never heard of the Quiet Storm. Looking forward to seeing some pics:)

quadracer

100cc
Yeah, don't let the size of another man's plank get to you. :D

I fly little ones, and big ones. Both make me smile. :)

Olie

50cc
I love the 40-50" planes. You can't just throw up a 70+" plane anywhere; like I do with my 48" edge.

Modern "littlies" can do anything the larger planes can do.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
6 months ago I started at 48"... Now I'm up to 89"! Gotta start somewhere! The 32" crack yak is still my favorite for a relaxing-balls to the wall experience!