• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many of you are running the new DA150L?

Super08

70cc twin V2
I picked up one last summer but have only run it on my test stand for a bit. I found it nice and smooth like the original but seemed to have a tad more power out of the box and better throttle response. I haven't had it in the air yet to confirm for sure what I suspected. A good friend of mine picked up one and he called me to say he found it to have more power and better response. Either that or his older one was getting tired.

Anyone else have much time on one yet?

Super08;2097 wrote: I picked up one last summer but have only run it on my test stand for a bit. I found it nice and smooth like the original but seemed to have a tad more power out of the box and better throttle response. I haven't had it in the air yet to confirm for sure what I suspected. A good friend of mine picked up one and he called me to say he found it to have more power and better response. Either that or his older one was getting tired.

Anyone else have much time on one yet?

I have a DA150L on my Jtec MX2 and it's more than a tad more power than the regular 150. It really pulls the snot out of the MX2. Love this engine.

Super08

70cc twin V2
Thanks Lorne, there is really very little out there on the forums about this engine. Jerry's reply goes to confirm it as well.

Ya, I think this engine will really come on when broke in. It did get a little bit hot at first but many new engines do

Too bad jeff will be out east and won't fly this plane for a while

Super08

70cc twin V2
The ones that I have seen get the hottest are the 3W competition engines I have had. They got extremely hot real fast on the first few runs. I had to keep them to only a minute or two long. Then after that they were fine.

kwilson

30cc
I got to see one of these motors last May and I can say it definitely had much more compression and more power than a standard 150. It looks like they removed a substantial amount of material from the crankcase as well.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
Jerry Hailey;2583 wrote: I have a DA150L on my Jtec MX2 and it's more than a tad more power than the regular 150. It really pulls the snot out of the MX2. Love this engine.

Yeah, I have several flights on Jerry's MX2 with when he had the original DA150 on there and after he switched it to the 150L and yeah it was a big difference.

The DA 150 was the best and most reliable engine I have seen and from the comments here, it is now lighter and stronger, what more can you ask for.